Development applications through the Department

If your proposed development is classified as one of the below types of development, your development application will need to be submitted to the Department of Planning and Environment and determined by the Minister, the Planning Assessment Commission (PAC) or senior departmental staff.

  • State significant applications (State significant development and State significant infrastructure)
  • Transitional Major Projects (former Part 3A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (EP&A Act) (now repealed but some existing applications under this assessment regime)
  • Other development assessed under Part 4 EP&A Act (including advertising signage and developments in the ski resort areas of the Snowy Mountains)
  • Modifications to approvals of the above

Read more about lodging a development application with the Department